Tomato Relish Salad with Fresh Oregano and Thyme
The jewel-like colors of this simple relish salad make it especially appealing. Use the ripe, flavorful tomatoes of mid- to late-summer for best results.
- 1 pound lush yellow tomatoes
- 1 pound lush red tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced red onion, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons French thyme or lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon natural granulated sugar or agave nectar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cut the tomatoes into dice no larger than 1/2 inch. Combine them in a serving bowl with the onion and herbs.
In a small bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, and sugar. Pour over the tomatoes and toss together. Season gently with salt and pepper and serve.
- Explore lots more summer tomato recipes.