This corn relish salad is loaded with fresh veggies, pimiento olives, and flavorful herbs. It's the perfect summer side for burgers, wraps, and more!
If you're looking for the perfect summery side dish, you've come to the right place. This simple corn relish salad is perfect paired with veggie burgers, grilled veggie kebabs, or your favorite vegan sandwiches and wraps.
It's loaded with fresh flavors and nutritious veggies. And best of all - it's easy to make in just 10 minutes!
Tips & Tricks
For the corn, you can use fresh or frozen corn kernels. Fresh always tastes best of course, but frozen kernels work just fine to save time. I suggest defrosting the corn and then letting it dry out well before mixing it in, so you don't get a soggy salad.
Feel free to use any type of olives that you prefer. I think these pimiento olives work really well, but something fancy like garlic-stuffed olives would also be a fun twist.
For more spice, add a second jalapeno pepper or swap it for a spicier red chili pepper instead.
More Vegan Recipes
If you love this corn relish salad, be sure to check out these other delicious vegan ideas:
Corn Relish Salad
- 3 cups corn kernels from about 4 medium ears, fresh or frozen
- ½ medium bell pepper finely diced, any color
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 1 carrot peeled and finely diced
- ½ cup pimiento olives halved or sliced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced, or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 hot chili pepper fresh, such as jalapeño, seeded and minced, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish or more, to taste
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or more, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the salad ingredients in a serving bowl and stir together.
- If time allows, cover and let stand for an hour or two before. Stir occasionally to distribute the dressing. Taste to adjust the various flavors — more pickle relish, cider vinegar, salt and pepper, then serve.