Seed Jumble Cookies
Makes: About 20 cookies
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) agave nectar, light or dark
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) natural smooth
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1-1/4 cups (130 g) old-fashioned whole rolled oats (not quick cooking or instant)
- 1/4 cup (35 g) light spelt flour
- 1/4 cup (35 g) finely ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup (70 g) sunflower seeds, raw or lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup (75 g) pumpkin seeds, raw or lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup (100 g) dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (40 g) raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (50 g) sesame seeds, raw or lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, or spray with nonstick spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, agave nectar, vanilla, almond butter and tahini until smooth.
In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir to combine well. The mixture will appear a bit crumbly and you may wonder if it will stick together enough; this is as it should be.
Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon (15 ml), drop mounds of the mixture about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on cookie sheets (you may need to press the edges a bit for it to hold together). Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets about halfway through, until golden. Allow to cool completely before removing from the sheets (cookies will firm up as they cool). Makes about 20 cookies. May be frozen.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Cookies and Bars.
4 Responses to “Seed Jumble Cookies”
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *