Warm Mediterranean Potato Salad
This flavorful warm salad can be made any time of year, it’s seasonal personality lent by either rosemary (for cooler months) or basil (for warmer weather). Adapted from Vegan Express.
- 4 to 5 medium-large red-skinned potatoes
- 2 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel or diced celery
- One 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips,
with about 2 tablespoons of their oil
- Leaves from 1 to 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, or more to taste,
or sliced fresh basil leaves as desired
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Scrub the potatoes well and microwave them in their skins until done but still firm. Plunge into a bowl of ice water.
Halve the zucchinis lengthwise, then slice thinly. Combine in a serving container with the fennel, artichoke hearts, and dried tomatoes.
When the potatoes are just cool enough to handle, cut them into large dice and stir into the serving container. Add the fresh herbs (rosemary for a wintery flavor, basil for a more summery taste) and optional pine nuts.
Stir gently, then season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve at once.
- See more of VegKitchen’s recipes for potato salads.
Print This Post