Zucchini with Zip
Fresh mint and lemon add zest to this simple stir-fry; carrot contributes extra color. Adapted from Stir Crazy!by Susan Jane Cheney.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 4 small green zucchini, julienned
- 2 scallions, sliced thin on a diagonal
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Salt to taste
Set a wok over medium-high heat. Pour the oil around the rim and swirl it to coat the sides. Add the carrot and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and scallions and continue stir-frying for one to two minutes, until the carrot and zucchini are both crisp-tender. Grind in black pepper and stir-fry briefly.
Remove the wok from the heat and add the lemon juice, mint, and salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Variation: Omit the carrot and use twice as much zucchini: half green and half golden.
- Enjoy VegKitchen’s selection of recipes for zucchini and other summer squashes.
Print This Post