Need something sweet and hearty to start your day? These Apple Almond-Butter Pancakes are the solution! The fruit makes them naturally sweet and the nuts give you that protein energy.
Apple slices with nut butter are a great healthy snack. Now, this delicious flavor combo can be enjoyed in these luscious pancakes. For gluten-free, use gluten-free flour. This recipe makes eight pancakes.
Here are more easy vegan breakfast recipes and ideas.
How to Make Apple Almond-Butter Pancakes
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a blender, combine wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and stir until just moist.
- Fold in apple and almonds.
- Preheat oven, and oil and heat a skillet.
- Cook pancakes on skillet, flipping to cook both sides.
- Keep finished pancakes warm in the oven until ready to serve.
Full directions for how to make Apple Almond-Butter Pancakes are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Apple Almond-Butter Pancakes FAQs
Can I use another fruit besides apple?
You can definitely use a different fruit than apples in your pancakes. In fact, you can also use another type of nuts—just make sure to swap out the nut butter to match. Go for a pb+j version with peanuts and raspberries or try peaches and cashews!
How should I store leftover pancakes?
You can store your leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last in the fridge for about 1 week, but the longer they sit, the soggier they'll be.
Alternatively, you can store your leftover pancakes in the freezer. Simply freeze the cooled pancakes on a baking sheet or plate, then store in a ziploc bag or container in the freezer. When you're ready to eat them again, you can reheat the individual pancakes in the microwave or in a toaster.
Apple Almond-Butter Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp natural granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- ½ cup apple juice
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tbsp almonds roasted and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a blender, combine the milk, apple juice, almond butter, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour wet into the flour mixture, stirring with a few swift strokes until just moist.
- Fold in the chopped apple and almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Lightly oil a griddle or non-stick skillet and heat until hot.
- Ladle about ¼ cup of the batter onto the griddle or skillet. Cook on one side until small bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until the second side is lightly browned, about 1 minute longer.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm in the oven while preparing the remaining pancakes.
From Nut Butter Universe* by Robin Robertson. © 2013 Robin Robertson. Used by permission from Vegan Heritage Press. Photo by Lori Maffei.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
Leave a Reply