If you'd like something fresh and crunchy to go along with stir-fries and noodle dishes, this simple Asian coleslaw recipe serves the purpose nicely. Using any kind of cabbage you prefer.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 5 to 6 cups thinly shredded red, white, or napa cabbage, or a combination
- 2 large celery stalks, or large bok choy stalks (with leaves)
sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 4-inch piece daikon radish cut into long, narrow strips
- 2 to 3 scallions, sliced
- ¼ to ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ⅓ to ½ cup Sesame-Ginger Salad Dressing, as needed
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the cabbage, bell pepper, scallions, and optional cilantro in a serving container.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Season with pepper, and toss well. Let the salad stand for 10 minutes or so before serving.
Variation: For a shortcut, use a 16-ounce bag pre-shredded coleslaw.
Nutrition information (not including dressing)
Calories: 75; Total fat: 6g; Protein: 1g; Fiber: 1g; Carbs: 4g; Sodium: 162mg
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.