This might just be the best cheesecake you’ve ever tasted. Rich with nuts and flavored with summer blueberries, you won’t believe that this is a raw, vegan dessert. Other than the 20 minutes of prep time, there are about 4 hours of freezing time. Recipe and photo by Laura Marquis, from Sweets in the Raw: Naturally Healthy Desserts, reprinted by permission.
Blueberry Cheesecake (Vegan and Raw)
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 medjool dates
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 8 medjool dates
- ⅔ cup refined coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- Crust: Process all ingredients until graham cracker-like consistency in the food processor. Firmly press crust mixture into the base of two small springform or 12 mini cheesecake molds. Set aside.
- Filling:Process all ingredients into a smooth, even consistency in the food processor or blender. Evenly spread the filling onto the base. Set aside in the freezer.
- Glaze: Process all ingredients into a smooth, even consistency in the food processor or blender. Evenly spread onto cheesecakes. Place in the freezer for 2 to 4 hours to firm up, then cut into wedges to serve.
Laura Marquis owns a fitness studio in San Diego and blogs at Naturally Healthy Desserts.
- Here are more no-bake and raw sweets.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!