Green smoothies are a great way to get a bold dose of veggies, fiber, and nutrients in a healthy, convenient, low‐calorie way. This recipe adds chia seeds for a nutritional boost.
Recipe and photo from Chia: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood* by Wayne Coates, PhD.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1½ cups pear juice, coconut water, water, or a mixture
- 3 romaine lettuce or kale leaves
- 1 small cucumber, peeled
- 1 to 2 parsley sprigs
- Add all ingredients to a blender and liquefy using the most powerful setting. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 1 to 2 glasses and enjoy immediately.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!