I was a huge fan of milkshakes growing up. (Who wasn’t?) My all-time favorite ice cream flavor has always been mint chocolate chip, and today, it’s my son’s favorite as well. I thought of combining these two delicious childhood favorites into one leaner, greener dairy-free drink. No artificial color here—the beautiful green color of this Coconut Mint Chip Shake comes from healthy baby spinach! This milkshake’s flavor has the perfect amount of mint, and you can top your shake with chocolate chips like I did, or cacao nibs for a bittersweet flavor. Recipe makes 1 large or 2 smaller servings.
Recipe and photos contributed by Sophia Zergiotis of Love and Lentils.
Coconut Mint Chip Shake
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 large banana frozen
- handful of fresh mint leaves stems removed (about 10–15 sprigs)
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with chocolate chips.