This Cranberry-Apple Relish adds vivid color to fall harvest meals. Make this recipe for a change of pace from jellied sauces at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 4 medium sweet apples peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch allspice or nutmeg
- 1/4 cup golden or dark raisins optional
- Combine all the ingredients, except the raisins, in a large saucepan. Stir together.
- Bring to a rapid simmer, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer gently until the cranberries have burst and the apples are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the optional raisins and allow to cool, uncovered. Taste and add a bit more maple syrup or agave, if you’d like it to be a bit sweeter.
- Transfer to a serving container and serve at room temperature.