Include this wonderful sweet yet tart cranberry orange sauce at your next Thanksgiving feast. Contributed by Leslie Cerier from Going Wild in the Kitchen: The Fresh and Sassy Tastes of Vegetarian Cooking* (reprinted by permission of the author and Square One Publishing). Try this sauce with the Tempeh Stew with Wine and Shiitake Mushrooms. It makes about 2 cups, and a little goes a long way. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or to taste
- Bring cranberries, orange juice, and orange zest to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cranberries are soft.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the maple syrup. Serve warm.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.
- Here are more recipes and menu ideas for a Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Thanksgiving.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!