This curried potato salad is a flavorful combination of potatoes, lentils, and tomatoes tossed in a curry infused dressing. It's the perfect summer side dish!
This flavor-packed potato salad is an offbeat change of pace from the old fashioned recipe. The curry flavor makes for a much more interesting dish, and the added lentils give a nice protein boost.
This curried potato salad is:
- Packed with flavor!
- Simple to prepare.
- A perfect side dish for cookouts and summer parties.
- Vegan and vegetarian.
It's even hearty enough to serve as a main dish in the summer, with some fresh grilled corn or pineapple. Yum!
If you love this curried potato salad, be sure to browse these other vegan potato salad recipes, or check out these tasty vegan ideas:
Photos by Hannah Kaminksy.
Curried Potato Salad
- 5 potatoes large, red-skinned or golden
- 15 ounces canned lentils brown or black, drained and rinsed
- 4 tomatoes medium, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or parsley chopped , or more to taste
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise or as desired
- ⅔ cup plain nondairy yogurt 6 ounces, such as coconut yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook, bake, or microwave the potatoes in their skins until tender but still firm. When cool enough to handle, dice them (leave skins on if you scrub well beforehand and if potatoes are organic.
- Combine the potatoes with the lentils, tomatoes, cilantro or parsley, and scallions in a serving bowl. Toss together gently.
- Combine the mayo, yogurt, curry, and cumin in a small bowl. Stir or whisk together until smoothly blended. Add to the potato mixture and toss gently but thoroughly.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.