I love this Fresh and Chunky Homemade Salsa! You can multiply the recipe and preserve it in a Mason jar to enjoy it longer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic to taste
- 2 jalapeños to taste
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 4 cups ripe tomatoes sliced, seeded, and chopped
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine peppers, onion, garlic, jalapeño peppers, and cumin in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients.
- Let it sit for about 25 to 35 minutes.