Off-season, you can use frozen berries, though this refreshing drink is best with fresh berries in season. A bit of carbonation gives this drink a nice sparkle.
- 2 cups lush, sweet berries (any combination of blackberries,
blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp agave nectar, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups seltzer or sparkling water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Wash the berries and remove all stems and hulls. Place in a container, cover, and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Combine the berries in a food processor or blender and process until smoothly pureed. If desired, strain through a fine sieve to filter out the seeds, then return to the food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Process until smoothly pureed.
- Adjust consistency with more liquid if desired. Serve at once in tall glasses.
- Here are more recipes for summer smoothies.