Off-season, you can use frozen berries, though this refreshing drink is best with fresh berries in season. A bit of carbonation gives this drink a nice sparkle.
- 2 cups lush, sweet berries (any combination of blackberries,
blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cup seltzer or sparkling water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Wash the berries and remove all stems and hulls. Place in a container, cover, and freeze for several hours or overnight.
Combine the berries in a food processor or blender and process until smoothly pureed. If desired, strain through a fine sieve to filter out the seeds, then return to the food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Process until smoothly pureed. Adjust consistency with more liquid if desired. Serve at once in tall glasses.
- Here are more recipes for summer smoothies.