These bars are the perfect power-packed pick-me-up with nuts, hemp seeds, dates, and chunks of dark chocolate. No need to reach for an unhealthy snack! Recipe by Heather Pace, from Sweetly Raw Desserts, @ 2015 Quarry Books. Photo by Melissa Welsh. Reprinted by permission.
Hemp Chocolate Chunk Blondies
These bars are the perfect power-packed pick-me-up with nuts, hemp seeds, dates, and chunks of dark chocolate.Print Pin Rate Email
- ⅔ cup almonds
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup well-packed dates
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chunks
- Grind the almonds and coconut in a food processor.
- Add the cashews and process briefly.
- Add the dates, hemp seeds, vanilla, water, and salt. Process until the dates are broken down.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chunks. Firmly press the dough into an 8-inch square pan.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Slice into 2-inch squares or slightly smaller.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Explore more of our no-bake and raw sweets.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
Sam (the Quantum Vegan) says
I just ate a snack about half an hour ago, but I want these now. <3 Thanks for sharing!