These bars are the perfect power-packed pick-me-up with nuts, hemp seeds, dates, and chunks of dark chocolate. No need to reach for an unhealthy snack! Recipe by Heather Pace, from Sweetly Raw Desserts, @ 2015 Quarry Books. Photo by Melissa Welsh. Reprinted by permission.
- 2⁄3 cup almonds
- 2⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup well-packed dates
- 1⁄3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- Grind the almonds and coconut in a food processor.
- Add the cashews and process briefly.
- Add the dates, hemp seeds, vanilla, water, and salt. Process until the dates are broken down.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chunks. Firmly press the dough into an 8-inch square pan.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Slice into 2-inch squares or slightly smaller.
- Explore more of our no-bake and raw sweets.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!