A summer classic, this tasty vegan potato salad features plenty of fresh herbs, and is dressed in a flavorful vinaigrette. It's sure to be a hit at picnics and barbecues, all summer long.
If you're looking for a hearty dish that's guaranteed to please a crowd - it's hard to beat potato salad!
This vegan version is loaded with flavor from veggies and tons of fresh herbs. It's so delicious and flavorful - that no one will ever guess it's entirely vegan too!
Served with your favorite plant protein (a simple tofu, tempeh, or bean dish) and fresh organic corn, and you've got an easy dinner for any night of the week. Leftovers make great lunch fare for school or work.
Photos by Evan Atlas.
Herbed Vegan Potato Salad
- 5 red-skinned or golden potatoes medium, scrubbed and diced (about ¾" chunks)
- 2 celery stalks medium ,finely chopped
- 1 cup green peas steamed fresh or thawed frozen
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- ⅓ cup black olives chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced, or more to taste
- 2 scallion green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds toasted
- ½ cup vinaigrette dressing prepared or homemade, more or less as desired
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the potato dice with just enough water to cover them in a saucepan. Bring to a slow boil, then cover and simmer until just tender but still firm. Drain and rinse under cool water until they're no longer hot. Alternatively, you can microwave or bake the potatoes in their skins until just done; then once cool enough to handle, dice them.
- Combine the diced potatoes with the remaining ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together gently but thoroughly.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.Or, if using for a picnic, pack whatever portion you need into a into a tightly lidded container to transport.