This gorgeous summer salad featuring mixed greens, bell peppers has the surprising flavor twist of blueberries. It’s a feast for the eyes, and is a snap to make and adds a splash of color (and lots of antioxidants) to the summer plate. Adapted from Vegan Holiday Kitchen. Photos by Susan Voisin.
- 2 to 3 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 good handfuls baby spinach or baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1/3 cup chopped and lightly toasted walnuts
- 2 medium firm, ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as desired
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more, to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together. Cover and set aside until ready to serve, or serve at once.
- Here are more recipes for colorful green salads.