A ridiculously easy yet absolutely delicious smoothie that's more like a shake, this combination of banana, nut butter, and nondairy milk could be just the thing to get your kids to start liking smoothies. And for adults who aren't particularly hungry in the morning, it provides a bit of fuel until the appetite wakes up.
- 1 large banana, broken into several pieces (frozen ahead of time if desired)
- 1 ½ cups vanilla or chocolate nondairy milk (almond, hemp, cashew, soy)
- 1 to 2 heaping tablespoons nut butter (peanut, cashew, or almond)
- A few ice cubes (if you like your smoothies cold and don't have frozen banana
- ½ to 1 teaspoon maca powder (for adults), optional
- 1 tablespoon hemp or chia seeds (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smoothly pureed. Or place in a container and process with an immersion blender. Serve at once in tall glasses.
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s fruit smoothies.
This was awesome , it combines all of my favorites into one nice smoothy , Thanks for this recipe ::))
Thanks, James — glad you enjoyed it!
Just found this recipe on Pinterest. It was delicious and completely tasted like the smoothie I bought at a health food store for $6!!
Thanks, Kate! So glad you enjoyed this.