Serve this delectable peanut sauce over noodles or grains. It's also good over sautéed tofu or tempeh or even used as a dressing on Asian-style salads such as the Thai-Flavored Tossed Salad shown above. No matter how you plan to use it, tailor the spiciness to your taste.
Makes about 1 ½ cups
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or other liquid sweetener or your choice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Place all the ingredients in the container of a food processor or blender, along with ½ cup of water. Process until smooth.
Use at once at room temperature as suggested in the headnote, or pour the sauce into a small saucepan and heat gently until warm,
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.