Inspired by house salads served at Thai restaurants around the U.S., this tossed salad is the perfect companion to Thai-style dishes like Easy Vegan Pad Thai. It's a feast of typical salad veggies made yummy with a piquant peanut-coconut sauce, chopped peanuts, and sweetened with pineapple chunks. Make a bigger portion of this recipe for the centerpiece of a meal, served with a simple side tofu or tempeh dish.
Thai-Flavored Tossed Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 ½ cups small broccoli florets, raw or lightly steamed
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes or other flavorful firm tomatoes, diced
- ½ medium, unwaxed cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots, or baby carrots halved or quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks (about half of one 20 oz can, drained)
- ½ cup sliced crimini or baby bella mushrooms
- crisp lettuce leaves, torn, or mixed baby greens, as desired
- Coconut-Peanut Dressing or Peanut Sauce, as desired
- Finely chopped roasted peanuts
- Combine all of the ingredients—except the last 3—in a serving bowl.
- To serve, arrange a few lettuce leaves or a small amount of baby greens in individual salad bowls. Top each serving with a portion of the salad, then pass around the dressing and chopped peanuts, letting everyone take as much as they’d like.
Per serving, without dressing or peanuts: 91 calories; 3g fat; 13g carbs; 3g fiber; 3g protein;