This vegan pumpkin ice cream is bursting with the flavors of pumpkin, maple, and coconut. It's the perfect sweet treat for Fall!
It's no secret that I love my ice cream. In fact, the blog is jam-packed with delicious vegan ice cream recipes!
So of course I jumped at the chance to test out this recipe from Cathe Olson's cookbook, Lick It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams. (You can check out Cathe's blog here!)
And I'm sure glad I did, because this tasty treat is going into my fall dessert repertoire immediately.
You can serve this ice cream on its own or over a warm slice of vegan pumpkin pie or alongside a vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookie.
Tip: You can cook a fresh pumpkin for this recipe if you like, but canned works just ﬁne. You can also substitute puréed sweet potato or squash for the pumpkin.
More Vegan Recipes
If you love this vegan pumpkin ice cream, be sure to check out these other delicious vegan ideas:
Recipe by Cathe Olson from Lick It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love* (Book Publishing Company; reprinted by permission). Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 14 ounces coconut milk canned, full fat
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned or fresh
- ½ cup unsweetened nondairy milk such as almond or soy milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Leave a Reply