Who needs potato chips when you can have kale chips? These Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips are just as tasty as any name-brand potato chips—and they're healthier!
Snacking is a part of life, but wouldn't it be great to have a healthy snack easily available to you instead of those chemical-filled cookies or crackers? Kale chips to the rescue!
How to Make Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips
- Preheat oven.
- Wash kale and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Toss kale pieces with olive oil and—optional—balsamic vinegar.
- Oil a baking sheet.
- Place the kale pieces in a single layer on the baking sheet, and sprinkle with kosher salt to taste.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, then stir and turn the kale. Bake for another 6–9 minutes.
Full directions on how to make Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips are in the printable recipe card below.
Tips & Tricks for Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips
If you don't love the flavor of salt and vinegar, feel free to change it up! Instead of balsamic vinegar, use your favorite spice blend or seasoning to flavor your kale chips.
However, don't forget the olive oil! The oil is what will keep your spices stuck to your chips.
In the end, you want your kale chips to be both crispy and bright green. If they start to brown, they can taste burnt. If you find that your chips are browning before the kale gets crispy, reduce the oven temperature.
Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash the kale, dry thoroughly in a salad spinner, and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Toss kale pieces into a large bowl with the olive oil and—optional—balsamic vinegar. Rub the leaves to make sure each one gets coated with oil. This will make sure that your kale chips crisp up well.
- Oil a baking sheet.
- Place the kale pieces in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt to taste.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, then stir and turn the kale. Bake for another 6–9 minutes. Remove crisp pieces as they reach the desired stage to prevent burning and to allow the remaining kale chips to get even heat.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!