Pour yourself a glass of this Piña Colada Green Smoothie to start your day off right. It's healthy and delicious!
How to Make Piña Colada Green Smoothie
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Full directions for how to make Piña Colada Green Smoothie are in the printable recipe card below.
Piña Colada Green Smoothie FAQs
Can I use regular water instead of coconut water?
If you don't have coconut water on hand, you can totally use refular water in its place. The coconut water does contribute to the tropical flavor of this smoothie—I mean, you can't have piña colada with just pineapple!—but you can switch up the flavoring to suit your taste.
You can also swap out the coconut yogurt for regular yogurt—or another flavor of yogurt that you prefer! This smoothie might taste really good with peach- or strawberry-flavored yogurt.
How long does this smoothie last?
I definitely recommend eating this smoothie right away, but if you need to store it, you can. This smoothie will last in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure to store it in an air-tight container, and you'll want to re-blend it again right before eating.
Alternatively, you can freeze your finished smoothie to thaw and re-blend later. However, if you're freezing the smoothie, I would recommend simply measuring out all the ingredients and freezing them in a little baggie. Then when you want a smoothie, just empty the bag into the blender and blend away!
Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.
Piña Colada Green Smoothie
- 10–12 oz coconut water
- 1 cup pineapple diced, fresh or canned
- 1 granny smith apple cored and chopped
- 1–2 generous handfuls dark green lettuce or baby spinach leaves; chopped
- 6 oz vanilla coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender, and process until completely smooth.
- Divide into two tumblers and serve at once. You can stretch this smoothie to three servings by serving it over ice or using smaller glasses.