These vegan pumpkin waffles are the ultimate Fall breakfast. Packed with pumpkin flavor, and so easy to make!
I'm officially in love with anything pumpkin flavored, though I admit I've only recently started cooking with pumpkin … and I’ve been missing out.
Luckily, that dry spell is over. This pumpkin inspired recipe is great for the waffle maker! Most vegan pancakes tend to be dense, but cooking in the waffle maker gives it a bit more of a fluffy texture.
Add any fruit or maple syrup that you have on hand as a topping! Or top them with this vegan pumpkin ice cream for a family-friendly treat.
Recipe and photo were contributed by Sophia Dubrovsky from Plant Based Made Easy. Be sure to check out her blog for more delicious ideas!
Vegan Pumpkin Waffles
- Waffle Iron
- 2 flax eggs see note
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar or other cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder optional (this gives a fluffier texture)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cup non-dairy milk plus 2 tablespoons
- Combine flour, salt, sugar and spices in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add flax eggs, pumpkin puree and non-dairy milk. Mix well.
- Cook in small batches in waffle maker.