Here’s an easy way to enjoy roasted carrots with no cutting or peeling involved: simply use a bag of baby carrots! This recipe for Sweet Cinnamon-Roasted Baby Carrots provides a veggie dish that stands a good chance of winning over young eaters, and a good side dish to make while another kid-friendly dish (like Tofu Nuggets) is in the oven.
Sweet Cinnamon-Roasted Baby Carrots
- 16 oz bag baby carrots
- 2 to 3 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ to 1 tsp cinnamon, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together. Arrange on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring gently every few minutes, until the carrots are tender and lightly browned, 20 to 30 minutes (depending on their thickness) and serve.
- Here are more recipes for making the most of carrots.
Leave a Reply