In this easy coleslaw recipe, the crunchy cabbage and red bell peppers become a pickled relish the longer it stands.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 5 cups firmly packed coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1/2 medium cucumber, cut into matchstick
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoonextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and stir together. Allow to stand for an hour or two before serving.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.