These Vegan No-Bake Peanut Butter Treats are a kid-friendly snack and an easy treat that kids can help make. A little sticky, but fun! Recipe adapted from The Double Energy Diet* by Judi and Shari Zucker. Reprinted by permission of The Book Publishing Company. Photo by Hannah Kaminsky of Bittersweet Blog.
Vegan No-Bake Peanut Butter Treats
Makes 12 to 14 treats
- 3/4 cup wheat germ (or use hemp seeds or quinoa flakes as gluten-free options)
- 1/2 cup creamy unsalted dry roasted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice
- 3/4 cup puffed wheat or puffed rice
- 1–2 tbsp water, if needed
- Place the wheat germ, peanut butter, raisins, nutritional yeast, and sweetener in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Stir in the puffed wheat. If need be, add a small amount of water until the mixture adheres well. This will depend on the consistency of the peanut butter you use.
- Wet your hands with cold water, pick up teaspoon-sized clumps of the mixture and roll between your palms to form small balls. Arrange on a parchment-lined plate.
- Serve at once or better yet, chill until needed.
- Explore more of VegKItchen’s No-Bake and Raw Sweets.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!