Ever since I discovered an Asian supermarket, our drawers have been filled with "exotic" products. I've tested a lot of new Asian recipes without being disappointed. This time I tried a Thai recipe: vegetarian pad Thai. Fast, easy and tasty, this recipe is delicious.
Pad Thai is rice noodles (gluten-free for those who are interested) sautéed with tofu, vegetables, and a sauce that transports you to another continent!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 300g of dried rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 200g of firm tofu in thin slices
- 2 carrots cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon a sesame seeds
- juice of half a lime
- Put the noodles in a bowl of water and cover with hot water. Let them sit for 15 minutes to soften. Drain well.
- Pour the oil into a pan (or wok) and brown the tofu for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, water and sugar.
- Add the carrot and the soy sauce mixture. Pour in the lime juice.
- Cook another 5 minutes over high heat.
- Add the noodles, then add the peanuts and the sweet peas. Cook another 4 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl & sprinkle with sesame seeds.