This Apricot Nut Balls recipe makes a naturally sweet treat, made from dried fruit, raw nuts, and seeds—a stunning addition to any festive dessert table. Recipe contributed by Caryn Hartglass, founder of Responsible Eating and Living. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Vegan Sugar-Free Apricot Nut Balls
- 1 cup dried unsulphured apricots
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup optional, or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
Topping Variations (use any or all)
- 1 –2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 –2 tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 1 –2 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- In a food processor pulse apricots, walnuts, almonds, and pumpkin seeds until coarsely blended. Add in sweetener and vanilla if using.
- Process continuously until mixture forms a “dough” and starts to clump together.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch diameter balls. In a small plate sprinkle your topping of choice. Roll each ball in the topping. Place on a serving dish or chill until ready to serve.