Here is a tasty recipe for a small budget. This is where the chili comes in—this great classic, a thousand times reinvented. This is a really simple version that is prepared in a single saucepan in an hour!
If you want to spoil yourself a little bit more, serve it with a vegetable sour cream, avocado, fresh tomato cubes, and organic corn chips. But it’s honestly so tasty that you can eat it plain!
You can also serve it as a garnish on fries, on nachos, on a baked potato, on a veggie dog, or even in a sloppy joe! The possibilities are endless when you have a creative imagination.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour
Total: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 can (28 oz) drained diced tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili spices
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen soy beans (edamame)
- In a saucepan, heat the oil to medium or high intensity and brown the onion and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix everything.
- Cook for 1 hour. Taste and rectify the seasoning as needed.