I tried a few different variations until I realized that, unless the melon is frozen, the texture is more of a slushy than a smoothie. But, to be sure, it is a very delicious slushy! The cool thing is that the pineapple and the watermelon combined are sweet enough so no extra sweetness is needed. The watermelon flavor is so pronounced and pure that it fuels my determination to never stoop to eating any “watermelon-flavored” creations again! Recipe contributed by Carrie Forrest.
The cool thing about this slushy beverage is that the pineapple and the watermelon combined are sweet enough so no extra sweetness is needed.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple tidbits
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups fresh watermelon large dice or chunks
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dried coconut
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Make sure to put all the fruits in your freezer in a covered container at least 24 hours before you plan to make this.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and process on high until smooth. If using a regular blender, you may wish to process the watermelon first and then add the other ingredients for easier blending.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 632mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 981IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more recipes for summer smoothies.
Leave a Reply