Strawberry-Vanilla Maca Smoothie
Maca powder, which has so many notable health benefits, has a caramel-y flavor that blends well into smoothies of all sorts. Here, it teams well banana and vanilla flavors. If you’re new to maca, use the lesser quantity; if you’ve been using it, allow for 2 teaspoons per serving. Photos by Ollzha.
Makes: About two 12-ounce servings
- 1 medium banana (frozen ahead of time if desired)
- 1 heaping cup strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk, or as desired
- 2 to 4 teaspoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 ice cubes
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth. Divide between two glasses.
If too thick, add a bit more almond milk. Serve at once.