Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
You can cook a fresh pumpkin for this recipe if you like, but canned works just ﬁne. You can also substitute puréed sweet potato or squash for the pumpkin. Contributed by Cathe Olson from Lick It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love* (Book Publishing Company; reprinted by permission).
Makes 1 generous quart
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup puréed cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup soymilk or other nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Visit Cathe Olson’s blog, Cathe’s Kitchen.
- Here are more recipes and menu ideas for a Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Explore more of Vegkitchen’s Vegan Ice Cream recipes.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!