Thai Tossed Salad
Inspired by the house salad I’ve enjoyed at Thai restaurants, this is the perfect companion to several of the Thai-style dishes in this book. A bigger portion of this can almost be the centerpiece of a meal, served with a simple tofu or tempeh dish.
- 1 cup small broccoli florets, raw or lightly steamed
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks (about half of one 20-ounce can, drained)
- 1 large celery stalk, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup sliced crimini or baby bella mushrooms
- Crisp torn lettuce leaves or mixed baby greens, as desired
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts or 1/2 cup green sprouts (such as sweet pea shoots)
- Coconut-Peanut Dressing, about 3/4 cup, or as needed
Combine all of the ingredients except the last 3 in a serving bowl.
To serve, arrange a few lettuce leaves or a small amount of baby greens in individual salad bowls. Top each serving with sprouts, then pass around the dressing, letting everyone take as much as they’d like.