Thai-Flavored Tossed Salad
Inspired by house salads served at Thai restaurants around the U.S., this is the perfect companion to Thai-style dishes like Easy Vegan Pad Thai. It’s a feast of typical salad veggies, made yummy with a piquant peanut-coconut sauce, chopped peanuts, and sweetened with pineapple chunks. A bigger portion of this can almost be the centerpiece of a meal, served with a simple tofu or tempeh dish.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 cup small broccoli florets, raw or lightly steamed
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes or other flavorful firm tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium unwaxed cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrot or baby carrots (halved or quartered lengthwise)
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks (about half of one 20-ounce can, drained)
- 1/2 cup sliced crimini or baby bella mushrooms
- Crisp torn lettuce leaves or mixed baby greens, as desired
- Coconut-Peanut Dressing as desired
- Finely chopped roasted peanuts
Combine all of the ingredients except the last 3 in a serving bowl.
To serve, arrange a few lettuce leaves or a small amount of baby greens in individual salad bowls. Top each serving with a portion of the salad, then pass around the dressing and chopped peanuts, letting everyone take as much as they’d like.
Per serving, without dressing or peanuts: 91 calories; 3g fat; 13g carbs; 3g fiber; 3g protein;