Vegan Sour Cream
Here’s an easy preparation that is also quite useful. I especially like this as a garnish for Southwestern-style dishes and cold soups. Adapted from Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons.
Makes: a little more than 1 cup
- One cup crumbled firm or extra-firm silken tofu
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rice milk, as needed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or the companion container to an immersion blender. Process until very smoothly pureed, then transfer to a container with an airtight lid.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.
Print This Post