An authentic gazpacho, prepared according to the Spanish method—perfect on hot summer days!
This typical dish is nothing less than a cold soup made from tomatoes and peppers. It is spicy and seasoned with sea salt. It’s a simple recipe, refreshing, nutritious and not expensive to make. The recipe is basic and open to any addition or removal of ingredients according to your preferences.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- cold water as needed
- 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 25 ml of red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1 kg of tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 2 cucumbers in sections,
- 2 chopped green peppers,
- Dip the tomatoes in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and steep into a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Let stand for a minute, then peel the tomatoes. Remove the hard part of the core.
- In the blender bowl, combine tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped cucumber, chopped pepper, clove garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a little salt; reserve a little of the chopped cucumber, chopped pepper and chopped onion for presentation.
- Reduce to a smooth puree. Use the amount of water needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve the cold gazpacho in a glass or bowl, garnished with pepper, cucumber, and onion.