You will love how versatile these Broiled Lemon-Garlic Mushrooms are! Serve them on their own or mixed into any of your favorite dinner dishes.
Mushrooms make for a fantastic hot appetizer, as well as a delicious ingredient. Serve them on their own or mixed into a stir fry. Use these mushrooms to top a salad or a sandwich. You can even use them to fill tacos! Get creative as you decide how to use your mushrooms next.
How to Make Broiled Lemon-Garlic Mushrooms
- Combine first four ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Prep mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms to prepared marinade mixture.
- Arrange mushrooms in prepared pan with marinade.
- Broil, stir, and broil again.
- Remove from heat and store until needed.
Full directions for how to make Broiled Lemon-Garlic Mushrooms are in the printable recipe card below.
Broiled Lemon-Garlic Mushrooms FAQs
How long do these mushrooms last?
You can store these mushrooms for up to 1 week. Just keep them in an airtight container in the fridge until you're ready to eat them again!
Where can I buy mushrooms?
Nearly every natural foods store, supermarket, and produce grocery offers a wide array of mushrooms. Shiitake, crimini, portobello, and oyster mushrooms are among those that were once exotic but are now readily available.
Mushroom lovers, rejoice! Here are more mushroom recipes for you.
Broiled Lemon-Garlic Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–2 tbsp fresh lemon juice to taste
- ½ tsp natural granulated sugar or agave nectar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 oz fresh mushrooms any variety—white, portobello, shiitake, crimini, baby bella, or a combination
- fresh parsley or dill minced, for garnish
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and stir together.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean and remove stem ends that are dried up or don't come clean. If using shiitakes, remove and discard the stems. If using potobellos, slice them ¼-inch thick. Otherwise, leave the mushrooms whole.
- Combine the mushrooms with the lemon-garlic mixture and stir together.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow, foil-lined pan and pour any excess marinade over them.
- Broil under a preheated oven broiler or a toaster oven broiler for 4 minutes, then stir.
- Broil for another 4–5 minutes, or until the mushrooms begin turning dark and are touched by charred spots.
- Remove from the broiler and transfer to a covered serving container until needed.