Here's a rich-tasting dessert that can be eaten the minute it’s done. Serve it with sliced apples, pears, and/or Asian pears on the side. The pudding can be used as a dip for the fruits as well.
- One 16-ounce tub silken tofu
- ⅓ cup peanut, cashew, or almond butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons vegan caramel syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butterscotch extract, optional
- Cinnamon for topping
Combine all the ingredients except the cinnamon in a food processor. Process until velvety smooth.
Taste, and step up any of the flavors you might like more of—the nut butter, sweetener, or extracts.
Transfer to a serving container, or divide among individual serving bowls. Top each serving with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s No-Bake and Raw Sweets.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
I would love to know what brand of Butterscotch Extract this recipe suggests. Others I have tried taste artificial. Thanks for your help.
Beverly, this recipe is a few years old and at the time I was under the impression that Frontier brand Butterscotch Flavor extract was vegan. either it was, and it has changed, or I was sadly mistaken. I wanted to reply to you on this, but I may have to delete this recipe. So sorry!