Did somebody say cinnamon bun? Yum! Smooth, sweet, nutty and filling, this smoothie will top off your potassium levels and provide slow-releasing energy to keep hunger at bay for longer. Cinnamon is also surprisingly beneficial. It helps regulate blood sugar and improves heart health and cognitive function. Recipe and photos contributed by Ella Magers, from The Six Weeks to Sexy Abs Meal Plan, reprinted by permission.
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon pecan pieces
- 5 pitted dates
- ¼ cup oats
- Stevia to taste, optional
- 1 tsp amla powder, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and drink at once.
- Here are more fruit smoothies to enjoy every day.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!