Cabbage and corn kernels are a salad marriage made in heaven. This super-simple corn slaw, dressed in a vinaigrette, goes well with Southwestern-style meals. Recipe adapted from The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet.
- 4 cups thinly shredded green cabbage (or one 8-ounce bag
shredded coleslaw cabbage, for a shortcut)
- 2 cups cooked fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- ½ medium green or red bell pepper, finely diced, optional
- ½ cup vinaigrette, prepared or homemade
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a serving bowl and mix thoroughly. Cover and allow the slaw to stand for at least 30 minutes so that the cabbage softens and the flavors bland. You can also make this ahead of time and refrigerate until needed.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.
Leave a Reply