Finely diced cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers are central to this Israeli salad; other vegetables are sometimes added as well. For a homemade Middle Eastern feast, serve this with Hummus and Baked Falafel with Smoky Tahini Dressing. It's a nice light dish to serve on the side of Vegan Latkes at Hanukkah; and I also really like this with Tofu and Potato Hash Browns.
Finely diced cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers are central to this Israeli salad; other vegetables are sometimes added as well.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into small dice
- 3 medium tomatoes preferably on vine, heirloom, or other flavorful variety, cut into ½-inch dice
- 2 medium red bell peppers cut into small dice
- ¼ cup finely diced onion or 2 to 3 scallions minced
- ½ cup finely diced radish optional
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or as desired
- Juice of ½ to 1 lemon to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl. Toss together.
- Use enough olive oil to moisten the vegetables, and add lemon juice to taste. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss again.
Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2687IU | Vitamin C: 94mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Per serving: Calories: 43; Total fat: 1g; Protein: 1g; Carbs: 5g; Sodium: 7mg
- Here are more Super Savory Salads.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for Hannukah.
Sean almeida says
You guys are making me hungry!