Two superfoods — quinoa and maca root — combine in quinoa maca breakfast bowls that will fuel you for hours. Learn more about the benefits of maca and quinoa, and try another variation on a quinoa breakfast bowl if you like this one. No maca? No worries, this will be yummy and comforting if you choose to omit it. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Quinoa-Maca Breakfast Bowls
- Combine the quinoa with the nondairy milk and wanter in a small saucepan. Bring to a slow boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently until the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the maca, syrup, cinnamon, and optional dried fruit.
- Divide between 3 to 4 serving bowls, and top with sliced fresh fruit as desired. Serve warm.
- Any unused portion can be transferred to a covered container or cooled and kept in the saucepan to use the next day.
Variation: Try this with kañiwa, steel cut oats, or other cooked grain.
- Here are lots more recipes for quinoa.