Maca powder, which has so many notable health benefits, has a caramel-y flavor that blends well into smoothies of all sorts. In this Strawberry-Vanilla Maca Smoothie recipe, maca powder teams well with the strawberry, banana, and vanilla flavors. If you’re new to maca, use the lesser quantity; if you’ve been using it for a while, allow for 2 teaspoons per serving. This makes about two 12-ounce servings. Photos by Ollzha.
Strawberry-Vanilla Maca Smoothie
- 1 medium banana frozen ahead of time if desired
- 1 heaping cup strawberries hulled
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk or as desired
- 2 –4 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 –6 ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth. Divide between two glasses.
- If too thick, add a bit more almond milk. Serve at once.