These Tofu Spring Rolls are a classic to prepare for a picnic or a potluck. Fresh and light, they will please everyone—young and old.
Vegetarian spring rolls are all about texture. Inside you have rice vermicelli, crisp vegetables, and usually some type of meat or seafood—here I used tofu. The resulting flavors and colors of the spring rolls are delicious. They do take a bit of time to make, but—believe me—it’s worth it!
These spring rolls taste especially delicious dipped into some creamy and slightly spicy peanut sauce. Eat your rolls whole or cut them into 3–4 pieces to share! I love pairing mine with some veggie noodles or Asian soup.
How to Make Tofu Spring Rolls
- Marinate tofu in the soy sauce.
- Soak vermicelli in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Soak rice papers one at a time for 10–25 seconds. Drain well, and place on a work surface.
- Arrange mint leaves, carrots, peppers, vermicelli, and tofu on a sheet of rice paper.
- Fold the sides of the rice paper towards the center, then roll.
- Cover the roll with a damp cloth and proceed with the rest of the rolls. Refrigerate rolls until ready to serve.
Full directions for how to make Tofu Spring Rolls are in the printable recipe card below.
Variations to Tofu Spring Rolls
If you want to save a bit of time, you can always use lettuce leaves instead of rice paper sheets and make this recipe into lettuce cups. Doing this will also give your meal a fresh twist!
Tofu Spring Rolls
- 1 block extra firm tofu 500 g
- 1 package vermicelli
- 16 sheets rice paper
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 pepper cut in strips
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Marinate the tofu 1 hour in the soy sauce.
- Place vermicelli in a bowl, cover with boiling water, and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl of hot water, soak the rice papers one at a time for 10 to 25 seconds. Remove them from the water, drain well, and place on a work surface.
- Arrange 2 to 3 mint leaves, 1 tablespoon of carrots, 2 strips of peppers, ¼ cup of vermicelli, and 1 strip of tofu on a sheet of rice paper.
- Fold the sides of the rice paper towards the center. Roll firmly to secure the packing.
- Cover the roll with a damp cloth and proceed with the rest of the rolls. Refrigerate rolls until ready to serve. Then cut the rolls in half diagonally.
Leave a Reply