I know that pineapple isn’t a component of all carrot cake recipes, but the carrot cakes I liked the most were always those that included it. Similarly, you can omit the coconut if you’re not a fan. The walnuts add Omega-3s add more protein. Recipe and photo contributed by Ricki Heller, from Diet, Dessert and Dogs.
Makes 1 serving
- 2 to 6 leaves mild-tasting lettuce (to your taste)
- 1 large carrot, steamed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw walnut pieces
- ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 7 to 10 drops plain or vanilla stevia liquid, to your taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop of your favorite plain or vanilla protein powder
(I used SunWarrior vanilla)
- 1 cup unsweetened soy, almond, rice or hemp milk
Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until perfectly smooth, scraping down sides a couple of times if necessary (for a cold smoothie, add 2-3 ice cubes).
Pour into a large glass and garnish with a sprinkle more cinnamon, if desired.
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s fruit smoothies.