This Carrot Cake Smoothie combines all your favorite carrot cake flavors into a tasty, fresh drink! It tastes like dessert, but it's healthy enough to eat for breakfast.
You can have one of these smoothies for breakfast on its own and get plenty of nutrients. However, you can also pair your smoothie with a tasty muffin, breakfast bar, or slice of toast to really get your morning off to a full start!
How to Make Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Blend together all ingredients in a blender.
- Add a few ice cubes if desired.
- Serve in a tall glass.
Full directions for how to make Carrot Cake Smoothie are in the printable recipe card below.
Carrot Cake Smoothie FAQs
Do I have to put pineapple in my smoothie?
I know that pineapple isn't a componenet of all carrot cake recipes, but the carrot cakes I like the most were always those that included it. But if you're not a fan of the pineapple, you can simply omit it from your smoothie and it will still taste delicious!
Similarly, you can omit the coconut and walnuts if you’re not a fan. The coconut is pretty typical of carrot cakes, and the walnuts add Omega-3s and more protein. But the beauty of making this smoothie yourself is that you can adjust it to suit your own personal taste!
Can I store leftover smoothie?
This smooothie is best eaten right away, but you could store it in the fridge up to 3 days if you needed to. The flavor and texture won't be quite the same as when fresh, and I would recommend re-blending the smoothie right before eating again.
Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s fruit smoothies.
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 2–6 leaves mild-tasting lettuce to your taste
- 1 large carrot steamed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp raw walnut pieces
- ½-inch piece fresh ginger peeled
- 7–10 drops stevia liquid plain or vanilla, to your taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder plain or vanilla; I used SunWarrior vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk soy, almond, rice, or hemp
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until perfectly smooth, scraping down sides a couple of times if necessary. For a cold smoothie, add 2–3 ice cubes.
- Pour smoothie into a large glass, and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.