Spinach, baby corn, and tiny orange sections are featured in a salad that yields abundant pleasure with little effort in preparation. This is a perfect one to team with an Asian-style stir-fry or noodle dish. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 to 4 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 15-ounce can baby corn, drained
- 1 heaping cup daikon radish or white turnip, cut into matchsticks
- 12 baby carrots, sliced in halves or quarters lengthwise
(depending on thickness), or 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 3 tiny seedless oranges, such as clementines, sectioned,
or one 11-ounce can mandarine oranges, drained
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, preferably fresh
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
Combine the salad ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir together. Pour over the salad just before serving and toss well. Taste to adjust tart / sweet balance, then serve.
Per serving: Calories: 151; Total fat: 2g; Protein: 3g; Carbs: 31g; Sodium: 61mg
Explore more of VegKitchen’s: