Many of the “energy balls” recipes you’ll find require a machine and/or lots of ingredients. These crunchy granola-peanut butter energy balls require neither. Readymade granola provides several healthy ingredients in one mix (oats, nuts, dried fruits, and sometimes seeds). Since I’m always looking for ways to incorporate healthy maca powder in food I like to add some to these for an extra boost.
Crunchy Granola Energy Balls
Readymade granola provides several healthy ingredients in one mix (oats, nuts, dried fruits, and sometimes seeds) for these energy balls.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 12 to 16
- 1 ¾ cups granola use one with a nice mix of oats, nuts, dried fruits
- Pinch cinnamon or to taste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅔ cup smooth peanut butter see note
- 1 to 2 tablespoons maca root powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Combine the granola (break up any large clumps), peanut butter, syrup, and cinnamon, and any of the optional ingredients in a large bowl and work together using clean hands.
- Rinse of your hands and form the mixture into packed 1-inch balls with slightly damp hands. If things get sticky, rinse and dampen your hands as needed.
- Arrange on a wax paper or parchment-lined plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more to allow them to firm up. Or, if you can’t wait, pop into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep any unused portion in the fridge, in a covered container.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Note: For this recipe, it’s best to use peanut butter that’s kind of in the middle — not too bottom-of-the-jar stiff, yet not too runny. This is basically what hold these together.
- Here are more easy No-Bake Vegan Truffles and Energy Balls.
Leave a Reply