You'll love these sweet yet simple Fruit-in-the-Middle Muffins. They're perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even dessert!
These vegan muffins are only sweetened with fruit—nothing else! They're prefectly healthy and delicious. Serve them for a tasty and nutritious breakfast or dessert.
If you're eating these muffins for breakfast, they're filling enough on their own. However, if you need something a bit more filling, you can serve your muffins with a smoothie, a yogurt and granola parfait, or even a bowl of overnight oats!
How to Make Fruit-in-the-Middle Muffins
- Preheat oven.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add liquid to dry mixture.
- Fill muffin liners with batter and filling.
- Bake muffins until done.
Full directions for how to make Fruit-in-the-Middle Muffins are in the printable recipe card below.
Fruit-in-the-Middle Muffins FAQs
How long will these muffins last?
These muffins will last for up to one week when stored in the fridge. It's best to store them in the fridge because of the fruit filling. You can also keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just make sure to give the muffins plenty of time to thaw!
What should I use for the fruit puree or preserves?
You can use any kind of jam, jelly, or pureed fruit mixture that you'd like. It can be homemade or store bought—and you can choose any flavor you want!
See more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Breakfast Recipes and Ideas.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center, add oil and apple juice, and stir gently but thoroughly until evenly moistened.
- Divide half of the batter between 9 oiled or paper-lined muffin cups. Place a teaspoon of fruit puree or preserves in center of batter. Divide the remaining batter evenly among the muffin cups & to cover fruit.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out without batter.
You can find hundreds of vegan and vegetarian breakfast ideas, from everyday to fancy in The Good Breakfast Book by Nikki and David Goldbeck (Ceres Press), available at a special price at Healthy Highways.*