This homemade chocolate almond milk recipe is easy to make and delicious to drink. Try using all organic ingredients, if you can. This makes about 2 1/2 cups. Recipe contributed by Leslie Cerier. Photos by Tracy Eller.
Homemade Chocolate Almond Milk
- ½ cup almonds optional: soaked over night for a creamier almond milk
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Put the almonds and water in a blender. Cover and blend till the almonds become a very fine meal and the water becomes white and opaque.
- Pour ground almonds and water through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl or 1-quart measuring cup.
- Before discarding the almond meal, press it against the strainer with the back of a spoon to get every last drop of almond milk. Discard almond meal or use for another purpose.
- Pour the almond milk back into the blender. Add the cocoa powder, syrup, and vanilla. Blend all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust the sweetness, if desired.
- See also Jennifer Cornbleet’s Homemade Almond Milk.
- You might also like to learn how to make Homemade Hemp Milk.
- If you’re not inclined to make your own, see The Best Vegan Milk) Non-Dairy Alternatives.