This homemade chocolate almond milk recipe is easy to make and delicious to drink. Try using all organic ingredients, if you can. This makes about 2 ½ cups. Recipe contributed by Leslie Cerier. Photos by Tracy Eller.
Homemade Chocolate Almond Milk
This homemade chocolate almond milk recipe is easy to make and delicious to drink. Try using all organic ingredients, if you can.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 2 to 3
- ½ cup almonds optional: soaked over night for a creamier almond milk
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Put the almonds and water in a blender. Cover and blend till the almonds become a very fine meal and the water becomes white and opaque.
- Pour ground almonds and water through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl or 1-quart measuring cup.
- Before discarding the almond meal, press it against the strainer with the back of a spoon to get every last drop of almond milk. Discard almond meal or use for another purpose.
- Pour the almond milk back into the blender. Add the cocoa powder, syrup, and vanilla. Blend all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust the sweetness, if desired.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 3mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- See also Jennifer Cornbleet's Homemade Almond Milk.
- You might also like to learn how to make Homemade Hemp Milk.
- If you're not inclined to make your own, see The Best Vegan Milk) Non-Dairy Alternatives.
Leave a Reply